Sunday, March 16, 2014

Open House

The leprechaun trap was completed in time for Zach's Open House.  I can't say it was the best trap in the class but it was sure fun to see how creative and/or insane some of the other contraptions were by his peers.  If anything, I took pictures of the competition so I would be better prepared for when it is Josh's turn.
I think my favorite thing about Open House was his statement below:
"I am lucky because Kyle is my friend.  I am lucky because Palm Crest is the best school!  I am lucky because Room 16 is awesome!  I am lucky because I am me!  I am lucky because I am not perfect!"

I can't tell you how proud I am for him saying he's not perfect...  it's the antithesis of my anal retentiveness.   It's like all my hard work for him to be happy with who he is has paid off!  Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?  Maybe I can coast with the rest of this parenting thing?

No comments: