So, I met with Zach's teacher and I was thrilled to get great feedback on his academics and behavior. The biggest thing we have to work on is writing neatly and talking less. If that's our biggest challenge, I'll take it. She says he is well-liked by his peers and respectful to everyone. One of the projects she showed me was his Special Person description. What can I say? He makes me proud!
Josh is always an anomaly. He gives us the impression he sits in the corner and says nothing. So I was incredibly relieved to know he always gets picked by his peers to help them and got a 100% on his math testing. He also is really into his nutrition curriculum which I guess ties to his love of food and being a chef. His only area of improvement is to work on his reading (poor second kid). This is totally our fault because we got lazy, good thing we have only 2 kids because if we had any more, they'd all be illiterate and using calculators. The best part of the conference was seeing this:
In the end, we found out we have great kids who are respectful and well-behaved. I always feel life skills have a greater value than academics. Yes, I know academics is important but being a good human being trumps it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment