Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mayne Mateys!

We went sailing.  I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth because it sounds like something you do on the East Coast after a clam bake wearing top-siders.  We are truly blessed to have had the opportunity to go on a breathtaking sailboat with the Zifkins.  It was a bit cold and rougher than expected but it was an incredible experience.  We started with lunch on the boat.
Then headed out with Captain Walt leading us.
 
I'm not going to lie.  There was a split second where my anxiety and unreasonable thinking thought we might die when I saw this huge swell coming at us.  I looked around and noticed that 1) I was the only one looking nervous; and 2) if you don't look at danger coming at you, it's a lot less scary.  I guess there is something to the old adage "ignorance is bliss".  
We made it back to shore safely and the kids immediately wanted to know when we could do it again!  It was a successful trip and soon I'll know the difference between port, bow, stern and aft.  

No comments: