Sunday, January 10, 2010

Celebrating Zachary

I can't believe it but my little baby is turning three tomorrow.  Sometimes I think he's older than his age when he makes smart aleck remarks to us.  For example, we are constantly reminding him about sucking his thumb.
Me: Zach, please don't suck your thumb.
Zach: I wasn't.  I was cleaning it.
Me: Silence but with a big smile.
***

So, to celebrate Zachy's birthday we took him to Disneyland.  We left Joshua with my parents (thank you grandmama and grandpapa) and gave Zach an entire day of the Happiest Place on Earth.  I hadn't been back in years but it was definitely different going with a toddler.  It gave a new perspective to Disneyland - one of innocence and pure joy.  The thrill a pair of mouse ears can bring to a child:

Toon Town was a big hit along with lollipops and meeting all the characters.  It was an amazing day and I can't wait until the boys are older and we can bring them back again.  I'm hoping this will be an annual birthday tradition for the two of them.

A picture is worth a thousand words:


No comments: