Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Have a Six Year Old!

I mean really?  Where has the time gone?  Friday was Zach's birthday and we did it big!  He woke up and opened presents and then headed to school.  I came and delivered cupcakes to his class for a little mini-party.
I stayed to volunteer and after class I took him to a surprise birthday lunch - just me and him.  I debated on what to do and then it hit me - Dave & Busters.  Let me tell you, it was life changing for him.  His eyes were like dinner plates and he pretty much had the place to himself.  From earning tickets to playing a Star Wars video game - it was kid heaven.  At lunch, he just looked at me and said, "This place is AWESOME!"
With all of these tickets, he was able to take home a hippopotamus.  We had so much fun and it was part of my many new mantras that "kids only have one childhood" so let's make it a good one (without spoiling them!).

No comments: