Thursday, August 1, 2013

Family Tradition

Chris spent a lot of his summers water skiing up in Lake Arrowhead.  It's what you do as a kid growing up here so to keep with tradition, Zach had his first lesson today.  I can't tell you how proud I was of him.  At first, it was looking a little sketchy.  I thought, "Oh Lord, this was not a good idea...":
I mean, you can see the fear in his face.  He eventually got the posture down and was a bit more comfortable.
 After a moment of resting, something clicked and the next thing we know, he is skiing by himself.
Even the instructor was excited!
The entire lesson literally took 11 minutes so the fact that he got it on his first try is phenomenal (at least to me!).  I mean this kid shares part of my genes so if he does anything athletic, it's a miracle.  Thank god Chris' water ski genes came through.

No comments: