Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Unemployment

Well, I'm not technically unemployed because I still have some time with my internship and I don't graduate until next week... but I'll be using that term soon to describe my status.  I don't know how people who don't have jobs do it... I am going out of my mind with anxiety.  I know, I know - everyone tells me to enjoy this time - easy for them to say when they have a job. 

Because the word relax is not part of my vernacular, I have to schedule every second of my day.  I woke up way too early, ran 4 miles, went to the market, did a few tasks and prepared dinner by noon today.  Then I decided (because it was on my schedule) to organize the china we inherited from Grandma and Boppa.  We finally got a buffet table and I was so excited to figure out what has been in these boxes for all these years.  Well, it was just as beautiful as I remembered when I unpacked it:
What I did NOT expect were all the other random pieces that were packed along with their china.  It was a hodgepodge of cups, saucers, dishes... and almost nothing matched.  What was so amazing, is that EVERY SINGLE piece was wrapped in paper INDIVIDUALLY. 
I don't think this picture does it justice, but there are at least 100 pieces here.  Suffice to say, it took me over 2 hours and I am exhausted.  The inability to move is the only thing that keeps me from doing something right now.

No comments: