Monday, October 14, 2013
Farming
It's Fall - so that means its time to plant the winter crops. It was 80 degrees and after 2 hours of "gardening" I have back pain and confirmation that if it came down to the "survival of the fittest", I would be a goner. Splinters, bugs, dirt... I am just too delicate right now. Maybe when I am done with school, gardening can become a regular part of my schedule but right now it's a bit overwhelming.
That said, we still went ahead and planted a new set of veggies. This time I learned to keep it minimal and to vegetables that I actually know how to cook. Zach was very excited about his cauliflower:
Joshy was busy watering the beets after we planted them:
We also put in some brussel sprouts, lettuce and celery. Once we pull out the rest of the garden, we will plant some broccoli and peas. For now, we are stuck eating a plethora of eggplant and peppers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think josh would enjoy the show Master Chef Junior. It's where 8-13 years old compete in a culinary competition to win $100,000.
Post a Comment