Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mom Blog

Sometimes I fantasize that I would author an anonymous "Mom Blog" where I could rant and rave about the trials and tribulations of being a parent.  It would combine my dream of being a writer with a chance to get things off of my chest.  I don't do this because I'm paranoid that I would be found out and the La Canada School district would blackball us from the community.

If I did have that blog, this would be an example of what I would complain about... but please don't tell anyone... I still want our "free" education.

So, Zach comes home with this last week:
You may have to click on it to enlarge the photo but essentially, part of his "homework" is to build a Leprechaun Trap.  Yeah, yeah... it's a cute idea and the kids love it and they can be creative... blah, blah.  But seriously, when did parenting become so much work that I had to spend my time stressing out about when to have time to build a trap for a non-existent creature??!  This might be okay if he didn't have his other homework and oral report to work on.  Oh... and basketball and baseball (3x week)... 

I don't remember my parents ever having to help me with my work in first grade.  Yes, my mom did help with Calculus and Algebra... but making a Leprechaun trap was definitely NOT part of the curriculum.

No comments: