We took a weekend trip to Mammoth with another family. We planned this months ago and it worked out great because the day before we arrived it dumped at least a foot of snow.
It was absolutely gorgeous. Zachary said a slight faux paus when he said, "Can't we come up to here for Christmas?" He was just excited about all of the snow, really...
We put the kids in ski lessons and it was a complete success. It was an all-day event where they learned to ski, had a snack, learned to ski, had hot cocoa, learned to ski, at lunch, learned to... you get the point. Here is Joshy tearing up the mountain:
I'm super proud of Zach that he was able to slalom between the cones on his first day. His instructor thought he'd be ready to get on the lift the next day.
At the end, they both asked to do it again! Unfortunately, I was NOT as successful as they were. The last time I was on a snowboard was in 2002... I was terrible then and I think I was even worse this time. But, there is evidence that I was upright at some point.
We also went tubing and sledding which was lots of fun for all.
Also, a snowball fight was mandatory for the weekend:
Although we were inside to stay warm for much of Sunday, the boys kept busy with games. We discovered a new game called Suspended that we love. Here is Zach excited about the creation we made:
All in all, another great family trip. We are considering making this an annual getaway. Chris EVEN had a chance to "be a man" for the weekend too.





No comments:
Post a Comment