Last weekend my friends from childhood all got together for the first time in a few years. There's something about old friends that can be so easy because they know you so well.
What was special for me was to spend time with their children. I was the first to have kids and they did not follow until years later so it's nice now to be able to share in the joys and struggles of parenting. As much as I love their babies, it was a reminder to see how far we have come from diapers and breastfeeding. I'm sure I'll go to parenting hell for this but I sure don't miss those days. I loved them as babies but I do not do well having someone depend on me the way a baby does. At least I know I will never foster a co-dependent relationship with them or anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment