Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sports Saturday

I used to think soccer season was the worst, but now that I have two kids in baseball, one in basketball and the other in art - I change my mind.  All seasons equally stink.  Kidding... well, sort of.  I'd enjoy it more if the boys were having fun and were super athletes.  Right now, it's just a constant moment of cringing and testing the waters because we aren't sure where all this is going.  I am sure I will look on this time fondly... but that will be WAY far into the future.
At least Joshy is at the adorable age where the boys run the wrong way to first base or are picking daisies in the outfield.  It's when it gets crazy competitive and I have to deal with the crazy parents that I find the most anxiety inducing.  I observe these psychotic parents and think - maybe that's why their kids are so good.  The parents eat, breathe and think sports, but I think I'll pass on that.  I'll stick to being psychotic about academics.  I know my children's genes and the likelihood of an academic scholarship is better than an athletic one.

No comments: