We saw them all... pools, springs, geysers, and my personal favorite - bacterial mats. The kids were super into it and I have to confess, I was less into it. I felt all the thermal phenomenons were starting to look the same, but it was still fun.
 |
| Old Faithful after a thunderstorm |
 |
| Riverside Geyser - one of the more impressive ones |
 |
| And the oh so cool, bacterial mat |
I've learned from my many vacations, that I'm all about the "experience" than checking things off a list of things to see and do. So, I really did enjoy looking at the natural wonders but the best was each night after dinner, with ice cream in hand, walking with the kids and no one around.
It's nice to have Yellowstone all to ourselves. It definitely was worth pulling the kids out early and avoiding the insane crowds.
No comments:
Post a Comment