Monday, June 15, 2015

Mini-Vacation

Returning from vacation is always hard so we took a mini-vacation in San Diego this weekend to ease back into reality.  Chris had a conference down there so we took advantage of a free hotel room.  The boys and I drove down Friday night so that we could get a full 2 days in SD.  We woke up Saturday and decided to wait in line for breakfast.  It's very unlike me, but Richard Walker's Pancake House is apparently worth it.  We ordered a ton of food and the boys ate pretty much ate everything on their plate and mine:
After filling our bellies, we headed to the good ol' San Diego Zoo.  It's been way too long and we had such a good time that we went again Sunday morning.
We haven't done our normal weekend trip because the boys have had sports.  So now that is over, we filled it up with... well, more sports.  We made it to a Padres game.  Thanks to Aunt Patty we had amazing seats.
The kids lasted most of the game and we had fun just watching and eating.
After sitting next to this old school guy who was keeping score, I think next time we go to a game I'm going to do the same.  I think the boys would like to follow it and learn about tracking all the stats involved in baseball.  

No comments: