As I've shared before, the kids' school has all the activities in the middle of the day. It seems every parent or grandparent shows up for these moments. I've learned that most of the families here own their own business or work from home which allows for flexibility, which is just more motivation for me to focus on my business. In the meantime, I try and kill myself to make my schedule work for these moments:
This was the "Teddy Bear" picnic. You can see Josh's Mad Scientist bear laying on the ground with little care (see this and this to refresh your memory). The whole lunch lasted about 15 minutes (that's rounding up) of time spent with the kids while they spoke with their classmates. I spent the entire time speaking to other parents. It was like a big scam for the kids to get a fancy lunch brought to them and for the parents to gossip. But like a fool, I will probably guilt myself into another one of these events. Yeah for parenting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment